Skip to main content

Apple battery explosion and corporate fascism

The battery of Apple iPad had exploded in my backyard, like a terrorist's bomb in Kurdistan desert, filling the air with toxic smoke and acrid smell of burning chemicals. This was the end of the device I was never able to get any real use of (because of slowness and poor interface). It happened after I finally had lost all access to it when it suddenly, without any approval on my part, had "upgraded" and reset itself, permanently logging me out and preventing any further access, and Apple Co. had refused to give me access to the device I had paid for, not bothering with even as little as a reply to my request.

Presenting BestBuy receipt for iPad purchase along with store purchase verification did not matter to them : they sell you devices  they can block your access to at any time, no matter how many hundreds of dollars you had paid for them, and will refuse reinstate your access for no reason, without explanation, though the real reason would be them feeling you're not complacent enough to be one of the mindless "serfs", who are willing to trust them their private identity information from the moment the device usage begins. The problem Apple had with me is that I would not give them my real name, "birthday" and credit card number just to use their pathetic iPad, back when I bought it (what else do they want? My bank account, SSN? May be to just microchip one?)

You see, Apple Co is just another fascist corporation that needs to spy on you. And if you refuse to let them do it and refuse to let them to  own your private, personal identity information at the time of device "activation" -- which they require -- you are no longer a "customer" for them: you become their enemy. Because when they can not spy on you and abuse your privacy, you're useless to them. They know you're not buying into their fascist control paradigm and you actually become dangerous to them. Notice they don't warn you about identity info requirements at the time of sale of their, in my opinion, useless and harmful devices.

A "customer" is a just worthless fleck of dirt in Apple Co's book - well, after all, why would they care? They have billions of dummies they were able to dupe into using (and getting harmfully addicted to) largely useless devices, the people they were able to force into giving them their precious identity info. Identity info which they can use to track people and something they can sell to who knows whom...anyone.  

When it became clear that iPad access was not recoverable, I had to dispose of it, to protect the little personal info that it did hold, such as email logins (nobody can really tell what and how they/Apple store, but considering the greed for privacy violations, they must store a lot)....my bags packed and big travel ahead the only real option was to destroy the iPad on the spot, which I did, splitting it in half with a camping axe. Black smoke and fire had erupted....a dangerous lithium battery, which I had forgotten about, went into flames, spewing cancerogens into the air....

The moral of the story: one should not, ever, deal with a fascist, greedy for power corporation.

I will never own any Apple device again (anyway, not that I enjoyed the smell of toxic chemicals that's coming from their laptops, and doesn't stop for years). Foxconn suicides was just the tip of the iceberg. Apple should pay for all the privacy violations, exposure to cancerogenic chemicals and de facto theft which they commit by blocking access to devices they sell, without reprecussions.

Comments